Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Scented Playdough Recipe

I've had a couple of people ask me what recipe I used for the scented playdough, so here it is (and in case I ever lose it too):


Kool-Aid Scented Play Dough

1 cup cold water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I use Crisco oil)
2 (1/4 ounce) packages the same flavor kool-aid unsweetened flavored drink mix
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
5 teaspoons cream of tartar (I used more like 2 tsps and it turned out fine!)

1 In a pot, combine water, oil, Kool-Aid, and salt.
2 Heat and stir until salt dissolves.
3 Add Flour and cream of tartar all at once to above.
4 Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until well mixed and dough forms a ball, (this should only take a couple minutes).
5 Remove from heat once the dough forms into a ball.
6 Cool on a clean baking sheet, kneading the dough as soon as it is cool enough to handle.
7 Cool completely, and let your kids play away!
8 (On occasion, I've mixed in a matching essential oil to enhance the fruity scent if I only have one package of a Kool-aid flavour on hand.) Store this Play Dough in a resealable plastic baggy or plastic container.
9 It should last for a couple months, depending on how often your children play with it.


This recipe is from here:
http://www.food.com/recipe/kool-aid-scented-play-dough-56797

No comments: