Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wow, that pregnancy ticker is a heart attack waiting to happen!

I just peeked at the ticker above and it says I have 64 days left until my due date... but since my c-section is scheduled for 6/26, I really only have 59 days left. Wow, deep breaths. Somedays I feel like I have been pregnant longer than an elephant, but when I see I have less than 2 months left I feel slightly panicked! If I want to cause myself a bigger panic attack I can remember that Devin came 4 weeks early and that would give me just over a month left... but let's not think about that. This little girl is going to stay put until the end of June, because I don't want to worry about lung maturity and all of the other problems that can come with a premie. We have decided on her name to be Aja... you pronounce it just like the continent "Asia". We are still undecided about her middle name, but at least we can call her by name instead of "baby". My kids are so sweet when they talk about her! Ally is dieing with excitement for her to come. She reminds me all the time that if she were to come now, she would live. Ummmm, no thanks honey, this girl has got to make it to full term!!! Devin talks about Aja all the time, but I don't think he really gets it. He doesn't understand that he can't look under my shirt and see her. They are both sweet about kissing and hugging my tummy. So, even if I am a little frightened that it is coming so quick, we are all excited to meet her!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO exciting Tammy! I am thrilled for you and for the rest of your sweet family too. It is so cute to hear about how excited Ally and Devin are. Don't worry, you will be ready for her no matter when she comes, but I hope she stays put for a while too. Hang in there! Good things are on the way!
-Laura

Anonymous said...

Oh Tammy that is a BEAUTIFUL name, I love it. Good luck with this last leg of your pregnancy.

Rose