Saturday, October 11, 2008

Night in Tucson

Photobucket

Alex had meetings in Tucson yesterday and this morning... so we packed up the kids and went along. Alex was gone the whole time, but Ally and I got in lots of shopping... can I just say how scared I am of when Ally gets a little bit older? She has her own unique style and already shops like a sixteen year old... someone needs to hide the credit cards!!! Devin had fun too... he had a really messy diaper when I was holding him... ewww!!! At least it was an excuse to buy a new shirt (and a spare, that I labeled "just in case").

All went well until the middle of the night. At 2 am I was woken up to a loud alarm... the fire alarm! So I wake up Alex (who didn't hear a thing!), we threw on some clothes and grabbed the kids and were hurrying down the stairs... of course we were on the 5th floor. Then an employee stopped all of us crazy guests and told us it was an accident... yeah, tell that to the family dragging a panicked six year old down the stairs and carrying a baby who just decided that if it was time to wake up, it meant it was time to eat.

Oh well, at least we were okay and it wasn't a real fire... good thing we packed our sense of humor!

No comments: