Thursday, January 27, 2011

Aren't my kid's just adorable!?



Ally has been into playing "mom" lately. You can see her baby boy she calls Xavier, in the picture. Apparently her and her husband are so poor that they have to use paper towels for diapers and only have $67 to last them for the rest of the month... I don't know where she gets it from!



Devin really likes to do what his sister does, so he had to have a baby too... Only he didn't want to have a doll, he wanted to have a stuffed animal. He is called Baby Jaguar (yes, he's a Dora and Diego fan).

And I just had to include this one because it is so sweet.... AND they will be embarassed by it when they are older.



Ally also had an invention fair in her classroom. It had to be an invention and include 2 simple machines only with materials around the house. This is SO not my thing. Ask me to do something creative, like an art project or write a story and I am so there, but this was NOT for me! After much deliberation, she decided to make a dog feeder. We used a paper towel tube to be an inclined plane that the dog food slides down into and drops in a cup. Then using a wheel and axle the dog food spins around and drops into the dog bowl. Luckily my dad did the wheel and axle part for me and then the rest was me trying to throw it all together. It took me forever to find the right way to line it all up so the dog food didn't end all over the floor. I didn't think it was very good, but hey at least it worked. (By the way, how is this homework for a child?)



So, the parents were invited to her classroom to watch the kids present at 2:30. I had to wake Devin up from his nap to go and he screamed the ENTIRE time we were in her classroom, sigh. Luckily her teacher let her go first so we could watch and then we left without seeing the rest. So as I took a bunch of pictures, I was holding a screaming, kicking two-year-old in one arm and my heavy camera in the other, and well, nothing turned out great.

And do you know WHAT!? Ninety percent of the kids made something out of legos that looked nothing like an invention... just simple machines. I stressed and we went to so much work for nothing?

No comments: