Saturday, January 8, 2011

Someone to look up to

I have some pretty amazing people in my life.... no, that doesn't even come close to describing it. I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many people that I love and love me unconditionally.

But there is just one person that I just need to write about... my sister, Wendy. She is such an amazing person. She is just one of those people that you can't help but love and want to be around all the time. She just radiates warmth and happiness, love and devotion...



I have to admit, as children (and especially teenagers) she drove me nuts. She was, and still is a perfectionist. I remember dreading morning when I would have to do her hair for her before school and I always new she was going to get mad because it wasn't perfect enough... and dang, was that girl BOY CRAZY! I know I saw it all through foggy adolescent eyes, and even though we were great friends, we were also pretty good enemies... it happens when you are 18 months apart.

But now, I have to say she is one of the most amazing people I have ever known. If there was ever a big sister to look up to, she is it. Maybe I see her through foggy, sisterly adoring eyes, but she seems pretty close to getting her perfection dreams. Thank you, Wendy, for being the kind of sister that every girl deserves, and only I am lucky enough to have.

No comments: