Monday, January 23, 2012

They're only enchiladas...

I have been blessed with some amazing, loving, caring and wonderful people in my life. We have supportive and honorable family and friends. I know that if I ever had any need, I would only have to ask and they would be there.

I know that if my kids were lacking, someone would give them everything they needed. If I need a babysitter, I have so many great people that would gladly be willing to help. I know we would never go hungry, homeless or without any of our needs being met. I know at least a dozen people that would walk through fire or snow to save any one of us. And for all these amazing people in my life, I can't tell you how grateful I am and how much I love you and are grateful for you!

But then there are those people that make you enchiladas, and those people are as rare as they come.

I have amazing parents. I was raised in a loving, household with parents that are coming up on their 50th wedding anniversary. They came to every dance recital, awards assembly, and concert choir performance, and even as a misguided teenager, I never had to guess if they loved me.

And while I know they would babysit any time I asked, give us food if we were hungry, give us shelter if we had no where to go, and walk through fire to save us from a burning building... I also know they will bring me enchiladas without even asking. Because that is what kind of people they are.

I was lucky enough to catch a cold/flu last week and have just been miserable, especially since you can't take much of any kind of medication when you are pregnant. Was I functioning? Sure, is there any other choice when you are a mom? But it didn't matter that I was "okay" my mom made us dinner, my parents both came and watched the kids so I could have a break, and to just lend support. I didn't have to ask for help, it just came.

I really hope you have people in your life that will make you enchiladas too, because they are pretty rare and more valuable then anyone else you have to ask to walk through fire for you.

1 comment:

chrisandlaura96 said...

That is so sweet Tammy. I love both of your parents and you are pretty darn lucky to have them! (They are pretty lucky to have you too.) I hope you are feeling better!
-Laura