Wednesday, October 14, 2009

7 going on 17

That's my "little" girl... she may only be 7, but despite the fact that she likes to play Bratz and Littlest pet Shop, you may mistake her for a teenager.

Photobucket
(excuse the pic, I still haven't rescued my camera and it's a mobile upload)

Yesterday was school picture day. I picked out a cute dress, tights, necklace... the whole ensemble... was it presentable? Ummm, if you guessed no, you would be correct. She wanted to wear a certain purple shirt with Selena Gomez boldly placed across it and a bright pink Hannah Montana necklace... do you think I deemed that presentable... again, you better have guessed, no. It took a while but we finally settled on that blue shirt in the picture. Next came the hair battle... ponytails was her decision, I just wanted to flip it out with a clip... we finally decided together on the braid above. Luckily she wasn't late to school.

She may have a mind of her own and drive me nuts sometimes, but it is one of the things I love about her. She has her own sense of style, and personality. She has finally come into her own, and I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming. (I just wish I could stop her from growing older! Can you believe she will be 8 and ready to be baptized in less than a month!?)

No comments: