Friday, May 7, 2010

The Sun's Rays

We picked up a Little Caesars Pizza and headed up Rock Canyon. We first ate our pizza... complete with Capri Sun's and after cleaning up we started hiking up the canyon. Devin was too busy picking up every rock and stick so Alex and Ally went ahead.
Photobucket

There was a couple of BYU students rock climbing and asked Ally if she wanted to try. She was so excited... the whole 4 or 5 feet she dared to climb. After that it was just "too scary" for her. What was funny is Devin started climbing up after her with no fear and we had to pull him down so he wouldn't go higher. My kids have such different personalities!
Photobucket
(see her new haircut?... she insisted, even though Alex and I really wanted it to stay long...)
Photobucket

Then the kids climbed around a little on there own.
Photobucket

Devin decided he liked jumping off about a 7 feet ledge into Alex's arms... oy, this kid is going to give me an ulcer. He did it at least a dozen times.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(see that ledge behind him the he jumped from? see the look of pure joy and trust on his face?)

Sadly, my camera battery died on the walk back down, but as I looked over my beautiful mountains and Utah Lake reflecting bright rays of warm sun, my heart started to warm too. What a beautiful reminder of the consistency of life.

No comments: