Monday, April 4, 2011

Couponing



Have you ever used coupons before? I had... but only every once in a while. I seriously thought they were too much work, not worth it... and let's face it: down right dorky!

I have always watched the store ads, buying in bulk when things go on sale, etc.
However, The Krazy Coupon Lady made me want to try couponing... now I am so hooked.

Now I watch the sales AND use a coupon on what is on sale. See the above picture? What I purchased is a result of that very tactic. I spent $60 on all of that at Target... that's after using $40 worth of coupons. That includes the big box of Tide and Downey (on sale and when you buy both you get a $5 gift card). I spent 75 cents for the cake mix and frosting. Excedrin cost 20 cents. The concealer isn't the brand I uually buy, but it was free. The dressing was 40 cents each, hostess cupcakes and ding dongs were $3 for both... I could go on, but... (on a side note the Nesquik and milk weren't on sale but Devin HAS to have it... and the bananas were expensive but when Devin was crying for one I thought it was one of the best "treats" he could ask for).

So, while I watch the commercial for "Extreme Couponing" on TLC and the lady says she paid $6 for $600 worth of stuff, I am pretty sure I will never be that good. But I feel pretty good about the $60 I spent on $100 worth of stuff. So add me to he "dorky" list!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a love/hate relationship with coupons too, but it's really hard to remember how much I hate doing it when I walk out to my car and I've just saved us tons of money! It's a great feeling isn't it?
-Laura
(And yes, I have also taken pictures of my groceries before so you can add me to the dork club too!)