Sunday, October 30, 2011

Disneyland Days 2 and 3

We had originally planned on going to Disneyland on Tuesday and Thursday, but when we woke up the next morning and Devin was begging to go back, we thought, "Why not?" And we packed up and took off and bought 2 day park hopper tickets.



We started out in California Adventure Land... we ran to The Tower of Terror first, because the wait on that ride can get really long. Ally really didn't want to ride this ride... but like mean parents we told her she had to try it once. We even told her she should hit us in the arm if she didn't like it....

She hit us in the arm. :o)

We went on a bunch of calm rides after that... the look of horror on Devin's face on the ride following Tower of Tower, sums up how he felt about it.


We spent most of that day at California Adventure.

Here is Devin meeting a few of his heroes.



The new Ariel ride was a hit with my kids. We rode it 4 or 5 times because the line moved so fast.


Another ride that we all loved was the Toy Story ride... but the line DID NOT move fast, and they don't offer fastpasses for it... but we still rode it 4 or 5 times those 2 days.



One of the most memorable parts of that day, was seeing Mickey. We were lucky and happened on him when the line was really short. Devin ran up to him and through his arms around him. Of all the characters I thought he would love to meet the most, it wasn't Mickey. But his reaction was the best and he LOVED it!


The following day he got to meet a couple more of his favorites. I thought they would be his favorite... and while he loved him, he still loved meeting Mickey more.




He wasn't as fond of Buzz... personally I thought he looked a little creepy, so I totally understand!


We wanted to buy our kids the traditional Mickey Ears... only Devin fell in love with Sherriff Woody's hat, so he skipped tradition and went for love!


Those above pictures were taken while waiting in line for Disney Junior Live On Stage. It was one thing I really wanted to take Devin to see, because he loves to watch Disney Junior! I wasn't sure if he could sit still that long... but I was so wrong! It was completely interactive and fun! He LOVED it!!! That is one other thing I HIGHLY recommend for little ones!!!

We finished the third day off watching the parade.


I have to admitt I was a little sad when it was all over. It was the best experience I have ever had at Disneyland... and I didn't want it to be over, sore feet, exhaustion and all.

I hope my kids remember this vacation as fondly as I do!

No comments: